1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.