1. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
4. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on your own items and when there are free delivery options available to you.