1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose one that will save you as much as possible.