1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are offered to be shipped to you.
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
4. When shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy for the greatest price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.