1. Know about the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This is a great way to spend less when you shop online.