1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you as much as possible.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, move on to a different site to be in the safe side.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.