1. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
3. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Before you start your online shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
5. Although it may look tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.