1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and not one of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on the items and when there are free freight options open to you.