1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to discover other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.