1. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
3. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.