1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
2. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
5. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.