1. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. If you find an excellent product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. If you are going to become doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your card if the number is stolen.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.