1. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on the items and if there are free delivery options available to you.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are selecting a site to look from. In the event you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your charge card information, look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a good page when you're adding your credit card information.
4. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.