1. While shopping online, make sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
2. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may obtain a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.