1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
4. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.