1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
5. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.