1. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a brand new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.