1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
4. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.