1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. While shopping online, be certain the site you might be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
5. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.