1. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through another store.
3. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on the items and if there are free shipping options available to you.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!