1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.