1. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.