1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. When you are searching for a place to buy an item and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
4. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
5. Shopping online is a great way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save even more money.