1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
2. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to see if other customers enjoyed a good experience with them. It is additionally a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.