1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
2. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
4. Call the online company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.