1. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. Shop around while shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.