1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Call the online company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.