1. An excellent tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.