1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
3. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many internet retailers have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
5. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.