1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. When you shop online, be certain the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
5. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.