1. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.