1. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Discover the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.