1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to purchase from. In the event you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your charge card information, look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.