1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
4. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
5. While shopping online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking into the site that you will be considering buying from. You can find information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you getting the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.