1. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. Before you start your web shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
4. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.