1. If you are going to be doing some online shopping, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card in the event the number is stolen.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that one could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.