1. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's arriving at you fairly!
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.