1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can locate them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.