1. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the primary site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.