1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.