1. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are offered to be shipped to you.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.