1. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your money.
2. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.