1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
4. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
5. When shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.