1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
4. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your cash with a company that fails to provide.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.