1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.