1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.