1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may get a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
3. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.