1. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.