1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you the most money.
4. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up or higher and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.