1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.