1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
2. When shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.