1. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose one that will save you as much as possible.