1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.